Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ban Baby-Making Unless Parents Are Licensed

Hank Pellissier
Institute for Ethical and Emerging Technologies
Posted: Apr 20, 2011

For the sake of the children, let’s control human breeding. No one should be permitted to reproduce until they pass a battery of tests.

Does that proposal enrage you? Go ahead, hate me. Call me vile names like “Neo-Nazi-Elitist-Baby-Killing-Totalitarian-Sicko.” Or simply “Eugenicist.” I don’t care. I know I’m right. FULL STORY

All I can say is "wow". His picture is there. And in fact he does look like a SS black uniform with swastikas would fit fine.  I am willing to bet he ain't a registered Republican.

Hank Pellissier

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Hank Pellissier, the author of the article above. Your comment above is funny. What is interesting is that "progressives" also think that my article does not represent them - they think I must be a "registered Republican." Personally, I don't think Parent Licensing is an issue that is clearly Republican or Democratic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to see that apparently you have a decent sense of humor.

    I don't disagree that there is a pandemic or plague of young, unwed motherhood. I look at it as evidence of a total moral, ethical, and educational breakdown.

    I did get the idea from your article that you were a fan of Eugenics. Which concept also has a certain logical appeal. But such programs that have been tried seem to work out badly.

    Your concept of licensing cannot work without a system of Chinese forced abortion, which also worked out badly.

    "Any society that hopes to survive as a free society has to have a moral code that the vast majority of citizens embrace. It is naive to say that everyone is able to do whatever is right in his or her own eyes and then be astonished by the moral chaos that follows. The death of a common morality threatens our very liberty, because without individual conscience, society cannot be held in check except through coercion.

    But even coercion ultimately fails. There is no police force large enough to keep an eye on every individual. "This country ought to have, when it is healthy and when it is working as it is intended to work, 250 million policemen -- called conscience," says Michael Novak. "When there are 250 million consciences on guard, it's surprising how few police are needed on the streets." -- Charles Colson

    ReplyDelete