Monday, April 25, 2011

Teen patient at psych ward was brutally sodomized

Teen patient at psych ward was brutally sodomized, kept in same unit with attacker for weeks
BY Rich Schapiro
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Monday, April 25th 2011, 4:00 AM

A Bronx teen sought refuge at a facility designed to help patients like her - vulnerable teens battling emotional issues.

But once inside Metropolitan Hospital's child psychiatric ward, the 15-year-old girl was forcibly sodomized by another patient - an 11-year-old boy, authorities said.

"When my daughter told me what happened, I felt like a knife had pierced me in my heart," the victim's mother, Patricia Watson, told the Daily News.

"The hospital failed to protect her. They failed to protect my daughter."

The teen's torment has only compounded in recent weeks because she is still in the same unit where she was attacked last month, awaiting a transfer to a state facility.

"She has panic attacks when she's in her room, when she's in the shower," Watson said. "I feel heartbroken my daughter is still there. She should have been moved within hours." FULL STORY

Seriously, I do not imagine any state run facility NOT being careless, sloppy and incompetent.

No comments:

Post a Comment