Friday, May 13, 2011

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

By Dan Carden
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 3:56 pm
NWI.com

INDIANAPOLIS | Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer's entry.

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence," David said. "We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest." FULL STORY
==================================================

World English Dictionary police state
— n

a state or country in which a repressive government maintains control through the police

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
--------------------------------------
Cultural Dictionary
police state definition

A nation whose rulers maintain order and obedience by the threat of police or military force; one with a brutal, arbitrary government.
 
The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Yanno, the more I think about this, the MADDER I get. 

2 comments:

  1. When I told the officer he could not enter my home without asking me or having a warrent..I was beaten and tortured and then in the middle of the night my kids were taken claiming that a 6 year old protective order was in place. We tried to fight this and they set our case out for over 4 months. In the mean time my kids were abused in foster care and the only way we could help was by cooperating with CPS. CPS was looking at returning the kids when the Judge said no and even tho we were only 6 weeks into our plan they moved to terminate saying we are unfit.How can they get away with this....it is because I have no money to fight.They have seperated my kids and now they show signs of mental illness.It breaks my heart into pieces so small I wonder if I can pick them up and survive one more day.I cant quit now can I !!Good Luck and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See How to Fight CPS- http://familyrights.us/how_to/fight_cps.html

    ReplyDelete