Wednesday, February 9, 2011
February 9, 2011
Start Strong, Finish Strong
The last two years have been a strong start for the Parental Rights Amendment, with more than 140 cosponsors in the U.S. House and 2 states passing resolutions – one Democrat-controlled, the other Republican – calling for passage of the Amendment. We also did well in revamping our website and getting the word out about the threats facing parental rights, and through SR 519 we were able to effectively prevent any meaningful effort by our opponents to see the Convention on the Rights of the Child ratified in the Senate.
We are nowhere near the end of our fight to preserve parental rights. But we have started strong, and we need to continue our growth and support so we can ultimately finish strong. Let us not grow weary of doing this good thing! Here are a few areas where you can help us stay strong in February:
1. Only two weeks remain in our online fundraising campaign. We realize this isn’t for everyone, but if you have signed up for a team (if you haven’t, it’s not too late to do so!) let me encourage you to revisit that project and finish strong.
2. We are also looking for volunteers to do “offline” fundraising between now and March 31. All proceeds from either of these projects will support ParentalRights.org so we can continue our efforts on the web, in Washington, and in your State. (More details on this offline fundraising are coming next week, so keep your eyes open!)
3. Continue to promote “The Child” to your circle of influence. If you haven’t scheduled a showing yet, click here to set one up and get the DVD for a suggested donation of $15. But hurry! This suggested donation option is only good through the 14th. On February 15, the DVD will go on sale through Watchman Cinemas for $15, or will also be available as part of our $35 Membership Kit.
4. Stay alert to the status of a Parental Rights Amendment Resolution in your State. Visit ParentalRights.org’s Resolution Status page regularly to track the progress in your legislature, and be ready for any call blitz we send out to move things forward.
5. Get petition signers! Talk to your family and friends who haven’t signed up yet, and send them to parentalrights.org/petition to become part of the team to protect children by empowering parents through the Parental Rights Amendment.
6. Contribute to the cause by becoming a member of ParentalRights.org. Both one-time donations and monthly recurring donations are needed to help us keep the fight going for parental rights.
Donate to ParentalRights.org
Together, we will reap the reward if we do not grow weary! Thank you for helping us stay strong!
Director of Communications and Research