Monday, June 6, 2011

AFRA co-founder Leonard Henderson ill

For those who might have wondered why the AFRA News hasn't been updated over the past several days and emails have gone unanswered- my illnesses have taken on a new level.

Last Thursday, the 3rd of June, I was removed from my home by the ambulance EMT guys on a stretcher and taken to the hospital due to breathing difficulties. I have learned a new word - Dyspnea - which means (believe it or not) "Shortness of Breath". Which does not nearly describe how bad it really was.

The deal is, for those who don't know it, I have been dealing with COPD and Asbestosis for several years now.

Which they have said for years mimics congestive heart failure.

This past several weeks, I have been having increasing breathing difficulties, which were coinciding exactly with the bad pollen days.

Well, this time it isn't pollen, and it wasn't COPD. It is now Congestive Heart Failure. Which sure explains why my usual treatments for COPD weren't helping.

Since I have been living on my hospital bed hooked to my breathing machines pretty much since the winter of 2005, this new juncture in my life may force me to spend a lot less time webmastering the AFRA website, and updating the AFRA News

The AFRA YAHOOgroup News is user-contributed, it can continue without my participation. Since Legally Kidnapped news has been doing a GREAT job of covering the family interest news, I have incorporated it in the AFRA news on Facebook.

So my friends, it remains to be seen how deleterious this new level of disability is, at this time, I suspect that my involvement with the AFRA groups is going to be severely curtailed.

My involvement with AFRA has kept my mind active and engaged, which has been helpful to my sense of well-being.

If I am forced to abandon my involvement in AFRA, please be assured that it is not being done willingly.

Leonard Henderson, co-founder
American Family Rights Association
http://familyrights.us
Until Every Child Comes Home ©
The Voice of America's Families ©

4 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. I have congestive heart failure. I understand the challenges it can bring. Wishing you the best in health issues. You have done great work with your spirit for justice! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, heart ANYTHING sucks. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete