Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Reverse Miranda

To keep your kids from being interviewed without a parent or lawyer present-

Long Version-


To: Any agent, officer, or representative of the government

From: (insert child's name here)
If you have found this, or been presented with this, then you are holding me against my will. I wish to be released at once. If you believe you have legal reason for still holding me, then it must be for one of two reasons: 
1. You believe I have information relevant to a case and/or investigation and need my assistance. I am happy to comply and will in no way obstruct justice. Simply type up your questions and contact my parent/s at (insert number here) and upon review by them and and any attorney they so choose, I will answer any and all that they and their attorney advise me to. Please do not argue about this, or it will delay the investigation, and neither of us wants that. 
2. You believe that I have committed a crime. I want to speak with my parent/s and/or the attorney they provide me, and do not wish to answer any questions or make any statement until I do. You may contact them at (insert number here). 
While doing those things, please see to it that I am given food, drink and bathroom breaks frequently, as I will not ask. Please do not ask that I fill out, sign, initial, check off, or in anyway mark anything for any reason. I have been forbidden to do this by my parent/s until they and/or their attorney, can review any such documents. 

Finally, please do not interpret my silence as rudeness, guilt, retardation or anything else but what it is - obedience to my parent/s and their attorney. 



Short and Sweet Version-


FRONT:
Dear Government Agent: I am exercising my right to
remain silent. Please do not coerce me into answering your questions.
Please call my parents immediately.


BACK:
List Parents Names and ALL contact phone numbers. List
any other person that can "stand in" until parent can be
reached. List your family attorney and number.

No comments:

Post a Comment