Saturday, December 24, 2011

THE JUDGE'S WIFE

By Joel Turtel
December 24, 2011
NewsWithViews.com

"I'm sorry, Michael, I'm through, I'm finished. I can't stand it anymore. I'm leaving you. I want a divorce. I love you. I always will. But I'm leaving you," said Patricia Wellington to her husband of thirty years, Michael Wellington.

Patricia Wellington stood in the middle of their living room in their lovely home in Westchester, New York, a beautiful place of rolling green hills topped with expensive homes. Theirs was one of the beautiful homes, full of memories of their children and their lives together. Patricia was 51 years old, auburn hair, brown eyes, still lovely, wearing a summer print dress. She stood looking at Michael Wellington, seeing in her mind's eye the tall, handsome young lawyer she had married thirty years ago, then seeing the man who had become a distinguished federal judge. She had been proud of him for so long, until he became a judge in the drug enforcement division of the federal court system, ten years ago.

The trouble started when Congress passed the mandatory drug sentencing laws and escalated the mad War on Drugs. Michael Wellington, the man she had loved so long, was destroying lives, destroying families, causing children to be put in foster homes. FULL STORY

No comments:

Post a Comment