Thursday, March 31, 2011

With 4 DVDs...



March 31, 2011

With 4 DVDs...

Several weeks ago, a volunteer shared with us the following account of what he has been able to do with 4 DVDs of “The Child”:

Three weeks ago, I obtained 4 copies of the DVD and sent one to a member of the Florida House (where I used to live). He in turn shared it with another Florida House member, who I helped elect for the first time last November, just before I moved. Right now the Florida legislature is working to pass a resolution calling for Congress to adopt the Parental Rights Amendment.

The 2nd DVD I hand delivered to a freshman Congressman from a nearby district in the state where I live now. This was less than 2 weeks ago.

The 3rd DVD is on loan right now to a pastor. Eventually, I plan to give this DVD to another freshman Congressman from another nearby district of my state.

I’ve shown the 4th DVD to several church and TEA Party groups in the suburbs of [the major city where I live]. There are more to come. Eventually, I plan to give this DVD to the freshman Senator from my state.

By the way, if you want to persuade a lawmaker to watch the movie, handing it to them in front of 200 witnesses is a good technique.

This volunteer does not claim full credit for the results. Many of you in Florida have worked to support that resolution, for instance. But he played a part, and he continues to play a part, in introducing those around him and those in positions of influence to the need for the Parental Rights Amendment.

What could you do with 4 copies of “The Child?” What could you do with the resources you already have? The true strength of this account is not that this volunteer bought 4 copies of the DVD, but that he had the vision to see who he could educate on this issue, and he worked to make it happen.

So how about you? Who could you reach with the message of parental rights today?

Plan your screening of “The Child” here. Or volunteer in other ways here. Or maybe you can donate to keep the cause going strong. Who knows? Maybe the next exciting success story will be yours!

Gratefully,

Michael Ramey
Director of Communications and Research

No comments:

Post a Comment