Monday, May 16, 2011

Years of abuse, decades of neglect. Now child abuse survivors want justice

Patrick Corrigan, Mon 16 May 2011, 8:57am 24
Slugger O'Toole

It’s been my privilege over the last eighteen months to work alongside survivors of institutional child abuse in their battle for justice. Since Margaret McGuckin and others started their campaign on behalf of the children – now adults - abused in institutions across Northern Ireland, hundreds of people have come forward with personal stories of sexual, physical, mental and emotional abuse. FULL STORY

2 comments:

  1. My twins grew up in the system too. They reported abuse in the foster home early on and then came the wildly inaccurate history on me that has continued to follow me and my other kids.I wonder if they can be heard? The abuse begins when the first call is made. What surprises me is why is this ignored. How can we get unlimited money to fight back.This is truly a world wide problem.Good luck and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. See How to Fight CPS- http://familyrights.us/how_to/fight_cps.html

    ReplyDelete