Monday, January 31, 2011

Author looking for Foster Care stories

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 06:50:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Aimee Lahey
To: Leonard Henderson

Hello,

My cousin was recently killed in an Oregon foster care home. I have had children in foster care and seen homes that are barely better than the homes they were removed from and homes that try to serve both emotional and physical needs of children, as best they can. DHS--child welfare, does not seem to be hearing the voice of the children, who are telling officials, when they run away, etc, that these homes are not always appropriate. With that said, I am assembling Real Stories of Foster Care. I am looking for stories of foster care, both positive and negative, from all perspectives. Parents/grandparents your stories are great, most importantly I want the child's story. If they can write it themselves, or if it needs to be written by an adult---I want them all, please. I really am interested in Oregon stories, but would enjoy hearing from other states, also.

Requirements----

Please submit your story/child's story/ relevant info on 1-5pgs. approximately.
include your name, if possible---indicate whether you want to be kept anonymous
include the state your story is from----this is more important to me, than even the name
make sure that the year your story is from is noted too
stories or questions can be emailed to me at the above address, please put "Stories of Foster Care" in the subject line.

Could you repost this on various sites, where it might get a response.
thanks, aimee  aimeelahey7@yahoo.com

Here's MY story-
http://oregonfamilyrights.com/oregon/henderson 

And my kids' story in his own words- http://oregonfamilyrights.com/oregon/henderson/life_story.htm 

No comments:

Post a Comment